Stage Manager & Lighting Designer
December 10 – 15, 2019
The Cat in the Hat tells the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers a speck of dust that contains the Whos, including Jojo, a Who child sent off to military school for thinking too many “thinks.” Horton faces a double challenge: not only must he protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, but he must guard an abandoned egg left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger, kidnapping, and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family, and community are challenged and emerge triumphantly.
- Director: Andrew MacDonald-Smith
- Music Director: Ian Robertson
- Choreographer: Andrew MacDonald-Smith & Corrine Vessey
- Producer: Len Simon
- Stage Manager: Ian McClellan
- Lighting Design: Ian McClellan & Gundars Jautaiķis
- Set Design: Len Simon
- Sound Design: Gundars Jautaiķis
- Costume Design: Victoria Krawchuk
- Hair Design: Victoria Krawchuk
- Makeup Design: Victoria Krawchuk
All material on this page is protected by the provisions of the Copyright Act and, unless otherwise noted, is the sole property of Ian McClellan and Ian McClellan Entertainment Design. Reproduction of any of the material contained on this page is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Ian McClellan.