June 11th – 18th, 2022
Set in Seville, the opera deals with the love and jealousy of Don José, who is lured away from his duty as a soldier and his beloved Micaëla by the gypsy factory girl Carmen, whom he allows to escape from custody. He is later induced to join the smugglers with whom Carmen is associated but is driven wild by jealousy. This comes to a head when Carmen clarifies her preference for the bull-fighter Escamillo. The last act, outside the bull ring in Seville, brings Escamillo to the arena, accompanied by Carmen, stabbed to death by Don José, who has been awaiting her arrival.
- Director: Anna Theodosakis
- Conductor: Maria Fuller
- Production Manager: Derek Butt
- Stage Manager: Shelby Lyn Lowe
- Lighting Design: Ian McClellan
- Set Design: Evgenia Mikhaylova
- Costume Design: Miranda Hughes-McKnight
- Technical Director: Jody Longworth
- Fight Director: Erin Brophy
LX Plots & Schedules:
All material on this page is protected by the provisions of the Copyright Act and, unless otherwise noted, is the sole property of Ian McClellan and Ian McClellan Entertainment Design. Reproduction of any of the material contained on this page is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Ian McClellan.